Lake Louise Christian Community, Camp & Retreat Center
Advancement Plan for Phase I of the Ministry and Master Plans
2009 - 2012
Goals of Phase I of our Ministry Plan and Master Plans
Strengthening connections and expanding opportunities for our cottager community, Lake Louise alums and those with a stake in our ministry
Developing opportunities for volunteer mission or work groups
Expanding our retreat, camp and outdoor ministries
2. Educational and Spiritual Formation Programs
Creating programs, camps and retreats that invite children, youth and adults to experience Christ-like community and encourages them to carry what they have learned into their interactions in a 21st century world.
3. Natural Resources
Creating opportunities for recreation in and interaction with our natural environment
4. Facilities and Grounds - Phase I
Build three self-contained lodges that allow for year-round use
Replace aging buildings or convert them for new use
Re-develop our waterfront
Renovate Horner, including the addition of bathrooms, smart technology
1. Expand the staff to include a program development specialist
2. Develop 21st century camp and retreat programs and expand them in number and participation, including the following:
Launch a leadership program/institute for young adults
Broaden our connections and ministries to and with families
Develop Lake Louise as a mission trip and work camp destination
Reflection/Sabbath retreats for individuals and small groups
Programs and workshops on targeted topics and themes
3. Invite more volunteers, mission trips and work groups and engage them in the development of our facilities and grounds
4. Increase scholarship support
5. Re-develop and expand trail system
6. Build a playground area for young children
7. Build three new lodges to expand use
8. Adapt existing buildings for re-use
9. Build an outdoor adventure education initiative
10. Develop an expanded waterfront for broader use
11. Increase our unrestricted reserves
Advancement Plan Assumptions
1. Board members and others have already made a pledge for Camp Fires Up Life (Two years yet to run; 2009 & 2010). Existing CFUL pledges will be used for the operating budget.
2. Fundraising is 90% relationship cultivation. Cultivation requires board, staff, and other identified stakeholders working in an organized manner to continuously develop new donors, to move current donors to higher levels of giving, and to encourage bequests.
3. Campaigns are like flywheels. It takes the greatest amount of effort to start them moving, and they start slow. It takes time to build the momentum that carries them forward.
4. We will continue our annual appeal to maintain ongoing operating support with letter appeals, newsletters, email updates, etc.
5. We will constantly build our donor base by identifying prospects with Linkage, Ability, and Interest (LAI) by:
a. Adding names, addresses, and e-mails of potential donors. (Current donor base will be shared with board to avoid duplication.)
b. Capturing names, addresses, e-mail addresses of volunteers, visitors, new cottagers and others who use Lake Louise for weddings, memorial services, etc.
c. Referrals and connections made by stakeholders.
6. We will develop a case for support that offers a menu of options to donors, including the following:
a. New staff position - Program Development Specialist
b. Trail redevelopment and expansion
c. Play area for young children
d. Three new lodges
e. Adapt existing buildings for re-use
f. Outdoor adventure education initiative
g. Expanded waterfront
h. Leadership Institute for young adults
i. Reflection/Sabbath retreats for individuals and small groups
j. Programs and workshops on targeted topics and themes
Prospects PoolBoard members & former board members
Congregations - Member congregations
Bequests through Wills or Trusts
Staff & former staff
Businesses (supporters, vendors, nearby vicinity, LLCC alum-owned.)
Professional services used by LLCC (attorney, accountant, bank)
Parents of campers and retreaters
Foundations, family foundations & corporate citizenship funds
Clubs, organizations & groups
LLCC database of people with Linkage-Ability-Interest (LAI). Prospects are identified by staff, cottagers, trustees and other stakeholders, and prioritized using LAI.
Donations are tax deductible and support our ministry.
We have created the Lake Louise Giving Tree. The Giving Tree is a list of items big and small, costly and inexpensive that are needed in our operation. The Giving Tree is a registry listed on Amazon.com. How can you help? Go to the giving Tree and see if there is not something there that you can purchase as a gift to Lake Louise.
Click here to explore Lake's Wish List!